The Turkish military claimed their troops came under attack on Wednesday by “some groups with civilian appearance” in the Idlib Governorate’s de-escalation zone.
“Some groups with civilian appearance, directed by the Assad regime, approached our observation points numbered 3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 in the Idlib de-escalation zone, attacked our observation point number 7 and dispersed after the measures taken,” the Turkish military said in a statement on Twitter.
Earlier in the day, several people gathered near the Turkish observation posts in Idlib to protest against their presence inside Syria.
It was not clear in the photos if the people outside of the Turkish observation post actually attacked the Turkish troops there; however, Ankara maintains that the people were aggressive and directed by the Syrian government.
- Iran to Cooperate with Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan in Developing Transit via INSTC
- Iran, Oman to Sign PTA in Near Future: TPOI Chief
- Persian Gulf leaders, Erdogan call for end to Israel’s ‘blatant aggression’ in Gaza
- Caspian summit: Iran FM calls on international organizations to bring Israel to justice for Gaza genocide
- Google reinstates app that helps boycott Israel-linked companies
- Gaza ‘hellish scenario’: UN says aid delivery grinds to halt as Israeli war rages
- Workers worldwide urged to block Israeli ships as Gaza genocide escalates
- France announces sanctions on Hamas chief in Gaza amid Israeli genocide