Russian fighter jet Su-27 was scrambled to intercept reconnaissance aircraft Royal Air Force RC-135 over the Black Sea, the Russian Defense Ministry’s National Defense Control Center (NDCC) said on Wednesday.
“On September 16, 2020, Russian airspace control devices detected an air target approaching the Russian state border over the neutral waters of the Black Sea,” the statement says.
In order to identify the air target and prevent violation of the Russian state border, a Su-27 fighter from the Southern Military District’s air defense forces was scrambled.
“The crew of the Russian fighter approached the aerial object at a safe distance and identified it as a strategic reconnaissance aircraft RC-135 of the Royal Air Force. After the foreign reconnaissance aircraft turned away from the Russian state border, the Russian fighter safely returned to the home base,” the NDCC said.
The entire flight of the Russian fighter was conducted strictly in accordance with international rules for the use of airspace. No violations of the Russian state border by the UK plane were allowed, the statement says.
Source : Sputnik
- 23 Palestinians arrested in the West Bank
- Austrian Foreign Minister: Russia will always play a role in European future
- Babakov: The West offered the Syrians nothing but conspiracies
- West leads towards Global Nuclear War
- Most of Russian military pilots gain combat experience in Ukraine operation — Shoigu
- Moscow to give ‘fearsome’ response to Kiev’s use of uranium munitions — Belarusian leader
- UK lied about zero civilian deaths in Iraq – investigation
- Iran’s Deputy FM Emphasizes Peaceful Resolution of Regional Issues