An ammunition explosion has stricken the Iraqi-based Majid al Tamimi military facility, formerly known as the Speicher operating base, in the northern province of Saladin, the Iraqi Security Media Cell, which provides official information on security incidents, said on Friday.
“The blast of an ammunition container with various explosive devices occurred at the Majid al Tamimi ‘Speicher’ base. The reason for the explosion was poor storage conditions, according to the Saladin Operations Command,” the service said in a statement.
No casualties have been reported as a result of the incident.
The official Iraqi News Agency reported that the explosion took place inside an abandoned building.
According to the news outlet, the province’s operations commander, Abd al-Mohsen Hatem, in turn, refuted suggestions over attacks being carried out at the Iraqi Shia-dominated Popular Mobilization Forces’ headquarters, located on the base territory.
- 23 Palestinians arrested in the West Bank
- Austrian Foreign Minister: Russia will always play a role in European future
- Babakov: The West offered the Syrians nothing but conspiracies
- West leads towards Global Nuclear War
- Most of Russian military pilots gain combat experience in Ukraine operation — Shoigu
- Moscow to give ‘fearsome’ response to Kiev’s use of uranium munitions — Belarusian leader
- UK lied about zero civilian deaths in Iraq – investigation
- Iran’s Deputy FM Emphasizes Peaceful Resolution of Regional Issues