The Russian Armed Forces detected 44 foreign jets that were engaged in reconnaissance activities close to Russia’s airspace last week, the military’s official newspaper Krasnaya Zvezda reported on Friday.
A weekly infographic published by the outlet showed that Russian fighter jets had been scrambled five times to intercept foreign aircraft.
The foreign jets had been prevented from illegally entering Russia’s airspace, the newspaper said.
Within this period of time, Russia has also spotted 10 unmanned aerial vehicles, which were carrying out reconnaissance missions near the Russian borders.
- EU wants to cash in Russia’s frozen assets.
- Russian coal exports shift to China.
- Elon Musk fed up with the Fed.
- German energy giant sues Russia’s Gazprom.
- Western Europe facing Russian diesel problem – Bloomberg.
- Germany’s jobless count keeps rising, data shows.
- EU seeks lower price cap for Russian oil – Bloomberg.
- Inflation in France remains at historic high – report.