The modern T-72 main battle tank and armored personnel carrier with the BMP-2 fighting compartment were presented at a weapons fair in Tehran.
This technology was displayed in the Sacred Defense Museum and is dedicated to the anniversary of the start of the Iran-Iraq war, according to Rossiyskaya Gazeta newspaper.
For the first time, this version of the T-72 was shown in August, during the visit of the Minister of Defense Amir Hatami to a tank factory located in the city of Dorud (Lorestan Province).
However, the vehicles created under the Karrar program were not fully equipped: there were no dynamic protection elements, there were no armor for the main target designation system, etc.
Now the show has a fully assembled sample, on which an optoelectronic protection kit is installed, which prevents the effective use of high-precision weapons by the enemy.
This exhibition also saw an armored personnel carrier reminiscent of a BTR-90. In fact, this is an updated Iranian copy of the Soviet BTR-60.
Its hull shape was completely modified, outdated engines replaced, hatches appeared on the sides. Firepower is provided by installing a tower from the BMB-2 infantry fighting vehicle.
- Lukoil to review strategy on assets in Bulgaria, sale not ruled out
- Russian budget to receive $3.9 worth of extra oil and gas revenues in December — ministry
- PhosAgro to scale up production by 1.4 mln metric tons in 2026 — company
- Dollar down to 90.8 rubles on Moscow Exchange
- Israeli military strikes kill dozens in Khan Younis, Nuseirat camp
- Euro rises above 99 rubles on Moscow Exchange for first time since November 7
- Iranian President Raisi and delegation to visit Moscow on December 7, news agency reports
- Russian services PMI index down to 52.2 points in November