On Sunday, the Libyan National Army spokesman Ahmed Al-Mismari announced that new fighter jets had entered the service of the Libyan Air Force and are ready to carry out combat missions.
Al-Mismari said in a statement posted on his official Facebook, “The Libyan Arab Air Force is completing the maintenance work for the MiG-23 aircraft, the BN bombers squadron, and declaring its entry into service and its readiness to carry out combat missions.”
The Libyan National Army controls the eastern and much of southern Libya, and has been involved for years in a conflict with the Government of National Accord in Tripoli.
The Minister of Defense in the Libyan Government of National Accord, Salah Al-Namrouche, had confirmed earlier that the Ministry and the General Staff were working to unify the military institution, stressing their intention to build a real army capable of protecting Libya without the LNA leader, Field Marshal Khalifa Haftar, and his sons present in it.
Al-Namrouche indicated, during a meeting with the German ambassador to Libya, that the ministry is open to cooperation with all who extend a helping hand, and is looking forward to opening horizons for cooperation with Germany in the fields of training and logistical support, the Free Libya news portal reported on Sunday.
During the meeting, the two sides also discussed the current situation in the country and Germany’s efforts to find a unified position and vision of the European Union on Libya.
He previously announced that the ministry would continue its unlimited support to the Sirte Al-Jufra Operations Room, which is a point of contention between the GNA and LNA.
- Iran to Cooperate with Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan in Developing Transit via INSTC
- Iran, Oman to Sign PTA in Near Future: TPOI Chief
- Persian Gulf leaders, Erdogan call for end to Israel’s ‘blatant aggression’ in Gaza
- Caspian summit: Iran FM calls on international organizations to bring Israel to justice for Gaza genocide
- Google reinstates app that helps boycott Israel-linked companies
- Gaza ‘hellish scenario’: UN says aid delivery grinds to halt as Israeli war rages
- Workers worldwide urged to block Israeli ships as Gaza genocide escalates
- France announces sanctions on Hamas chief in Gaza amid Israeli genocide