The second summit and economic forum Russia-Africa are scheduled for Russia expects the launch of direct flights to the Republic of South Africa by the second Russia-Africa summit, Ambassador at Large, Head of the Russia-Africa Partnership Forum Secretariat Oleg Ozerov said at the Valdai Discussion Club when speaking about relations between Russia and South Africa.”I think there are simple solutions that allow resetting our relations very fast, this is, first of all, tourism. This is a very attractive area. If we manage – and we hope – to launch, say, direct flights to South Africa by the summit, tourists will go, this will be one of the factors that destroys propaganda stereotypes, destroys propaganda, people will be provided with an opportunity for people-to-people communication, which encourages Russian language study, we have seen all that as in the case of Egypt. <…> As soon as aircraft started flying, the demand for the Russian language revived in Egypt. I am confident that the same will happen in our relationship with South Africa as well,” he explained.Russia is convinced that it has “plenty of areas for economic cooperation with South Africa,” the diplomat added.The second summit and economic forum Russia-Africa are scheduled for July 26-29. The event was first held on October 22-24, 2019 in Sochi.
- What is the US debt ceiling & why can’t Congress delay decision?
- NASA announces launch date to visit asteroid worth 70,000 times global economy.
- Government homes in on £5bn cladding settlement with housebuilders.
- Recession watch: U.S. economy is on shaky ground.
- Amid economic turmoil, Pakistan hikes up fuel prices.
- China enters top three in global vehicle exports – Bloomberg.
- Norway reveals massive mineral discovery.
- Russian-born billionaire becomes UK’s top taxpayer.