The United Nations Security Council has agreed to discuss the Israeli occupation forces’ raid on Al-Aqsa Mosque that took place on Wednesday dawn at the request of the UAE and China.
The UN Council will hold a closed meeting on the Israeli occupation forces’ raid on Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Al-Quds, which took place at dawn and saw the IOF terrorizing Palestinian worshippers. The meeting will be taking place at the request of the United Arab Emirates and China, a UN source told Russian news agency Sputnik on Wednesday.
“As far as I know, close consultations have been requested for tomorrow morning. But no more information. The issue is, of course, the mosque. China and UAE asked for the meeting,” the source reported.
Meanwhile, Al Mayadeen correspondent reported that the Arab Group of the United Nations requested a closed UNSC meeting on Thursday to discuss the latest developments in occupied Palestine.
The Palestinian presidency and Prime Minister strongly condemned the Israeli occupation forces storming Al-Aqsa Mosque and attacking worshippers, warning of dire consequences for this action.
The official spokesperson for the Palestinian presidency, Nabil Abu Rudeineh, warned the Israeli occupation authorities against crossing the red lines in holy sites, which will lead to a big explosion.
On his part, Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh considered that the current Al-Quds events are a major crime against worshippers.
“Praying in Al-Aqsa Mosque does not require the permission of the Israeli occupation, but rather it is our right,” Shtayyeh affirmed, adding that “Israel” does not want to learn from history, that Al-Aqsa is for the Palestinians and all Arabs and Muslims, and that storming it sparks a revolution against the Israeli occupation.
In the same context, several Arab countries condemned the Israeli police storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque and attacking worshippers.
In a statement, the Saudi Foreign Ministry said Saudi Arabia was following with concern the developments at Al-Aqsa Mosque.
The Egyptian Foreign Ministry considered that such hateful and reprehensible scenes, and repeated Israeli violations of the sanctity of the holy places, fuel feelings of anger among all the Palestinian people and the Islamic nation.
Similarly, Jordan strongly condemned the storming of Al-Aqsa Mosque and called on the Israeli occupation to stop such acts against worshippers, which it said violate international norms, holding the occupation fully responsible for any consequences.
The Israeli occupation forces raided Al-Aqsa Mosque in occupied Al-Quds and assaulted the Palestinians who are stationed there as part of the religious practice of Itikaf, which is highly prevalent during the holy month of Ramadan.
As a prelude to the raid, an Al Mayadeen correspondent reported, the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) cut the power off Al-Qibli prayer hall despite hundreds of Palestinians being stationed there.
In light of the raid, Palestinian media said injuries had been recorded in Al-Qibli prayer hall of Al-Aqsa, with there being calls for medics to be sent to the holy site.
The Palestinian Red Crescent Society reported that seven injuries were recorded, with numerous signs of beating and rubber bullet wounds being found on the victims’ bodies, outside of Al-Aqsa compound. The emergency service also reported that two injuries were transported to nearby hospitals due to their severity.
Videos shared by worshippers from the mosque show Palestinians being brutally beaten in their place of worship, prompting them to respond to the Israeli occupation using fireworks and stones.
The Waed Prisoners Association revealed that at least 170 Palestinian civilians were arrested in Al-Aqsa compound and taken to an unknown destination.