The situation in Zaparozhye is incredibly tense, with it being the frontline on which Ukraine is trying to launch its counteroffensive.
Vladimir Rogov, a senior Russian appointed official of the Zaporizhzhia regional administration, told Sputnik on Sunday that Kiev’s forces are preparing to wage the second stage of a large-scale counteroffensive in the Zaporozhye region in the near future.
“The enemy is already prepared for the second stage of a full-scale offensive. It can start any day, at any moment. They are currently trying to confuse our intelligence, so along the entire line of contact on the Zaporizhzhia front, they are constantly maneuvering and transferring troops. This is being done in order to hide the location of the main forces,” Rogov explained, noting that Kiev’s forces could mobilize around the main blow for a breakthrough at any location of the front line.
“Over the past four weeks, they have conducted the maximum number of attempts at reconnaissance in combat, offensive options, breakthroughs, studying our reaction and interaction of units, plus regular shelling of our rear in order to hit infrastructure facilities – bridges, transport hubs, units, depots with equipment and ammunition, airfields,” Rogov told Sputnik.
The situation in Zaparozhye is incredibly tense, with it being the frontline on which Ukraine is trying to launch its counter-offensive.
Ukraine’s ambitious counteroffensive against Russia – which it launched in a bid to take the lands captured by the country through the war effort – is proving to be quite a difficult task.
The frontline is laden with mines and Russia’s advanced defense systems, combined with the lack of air cover on Ukraine’s end, have hampered Kiev’s effort to take back any land.
Ukraine has been hyping its counteroffensive since last year, and although the attack was intended for spring, it was moved to the summer after Ukraine blamed the delay on a lack of weapons.
On June 25, Rogov told Sputnik that the situation on the front lines remained stable, noting that the frontline “is under the control of our troops. The enemy is making attempts to advance, fighting is underway in the gray zone and on a small section of the first line of defense, where the enemy is trying to gain a foothold.”
Moreover, a Russian Defense Ministry spokesperson told Sputnik that the Russian forces repelled hostile attacks in the south Donetsk and Zaparozhye directions.
The repulsion of the attack cost Ukraine numerous tanks, armored vehicles, and soldiers, the official reported.
“In the south Donetsk direction, the advanced units of the Vostok group of forces repelled an enemy attack in the Makarivka area. A tank, armored combat vehicles, and manpower were destroyed. Having suffered losses, the enemy retreated,” the spokesperson said.