Ever since Joe Biden’s early months in the Oval Office he has been known to offer up increasingly cringe worthy add-libbing when he strayed off scripted remarks. As the US President boosts public appearances to promote his sweeping domestic agenda plans involving massive spending proposals, so come the slip-ups.Joe Biden appeared to have delivered a “shout out” to the wrong person on Thursday night as he confused a congressman with a mayor during a CNN Town Hall in Baltimore.After sticking to 90-minutes of scripted talking points on the country’s gas price, supply chain, and border crises, along with tensions with China over Taiwan, among other issues, Biden at one point exclaimed:
“By the way, there’s two famous guys in this audience here…[Senator] Ben Cardin and [Senator] Chris Van Hollen — and the Mayor!”
Biden was referring to the black man standing next to Van Hollen. However, social media users were quick to point out that the individual in question was black Congressman Kweisi Mfume.
Twitter users also commented on the fact that Biden’s appearance on Thursday was peppered with instances when he appeared to “power down” in mid-thought.
source : sputniknews.com
- Iran to Cooperate with Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan in Developing Transit via INSTC
- Iran, Oman to Sign PTA in Near Future: TPOI Chief
- Persian Gulf leaders, Erdogan call for end to Israel’s ‘blatant aggression’ in Gaza
- Caspian summit: Iran FM calls on international organizations to bring Israel to justice for Gaza genocide
- Google reinstates app that helps boycott Israel-linked companies
- Gaza ‘hellish scenario’: UN says aid delivery grinds to halt as Israeli war rages
- Workers worldwide urged to block Israeli ships as Gaza genocide escalates
- France announces sanctions on Hamas chief in Gaza amid Israeli genocide