According to Acting Governor Yevgeny Balitsky, the enemy does not have enough forces to advance in the area
Russian forces have repelled an attack by two Ukrainian assault brigades in the Zaporozhye Region, Acting Governor Yevgeny Balitsky said.
“The enemy sent two assault brigades to attack our positions near the Staromayorskoye settlement in the Vremevka area. Our troops pushed the enemy back. The enemy suffered significant troop losses,” he wrote on Telegram.
According to Balitsky, the enemy does not have enough forces to advance in the area. “Our defenses are strong; our troops are well-trained and have high morale,” he added.
Chairman of the We Stand With Russian movement Vladimir Rogov told TASS on July 28 that Ukraine had lost over 3,000 troops in attempts to seize the Staromayorskoe settlement since the beginning of June.
The Russian Defense Ministry said earlier that the Ukrainian armed forces had been making unsuccessful attempts at a counteroffensive since June 4. Russian Defense Minister Sergey Shoigu said on July 11 that Ukraine had lost more than 26,000 troops since the start of the counteroffensive. Russian President Vladimir Putin emphasized that the Ukrainian military had failed to achieve any success in any area.