A group of Russian fighters intercepted a Norwegian R3S Orion reconnaissance plane over the Barents Sea on Friday, the Russian Ministry of Defense reported.
The Russian National Defense Administration Center announced in a statement on Friday:
“Russian fighters of the Northern Fleet intercepted a Norwegian reconnaissance plane over the Barents Sea.”
They continued: “On July 17, Russian airspace monitors discovered a Norwegian Air Force R3S Orion reconnaissance plane over the Barents Sea.”
According to the report, the reconnaissance aircraft “was escorted by the Northern Air Force’s combat air defense aircraft. There was no violation of the Russian Federation’s borders,” the statement added.
Friday’s incident marked the second time in the last 48 hours that Russia has intercepted a Norwegian aircraft in Barents Sea waters.
It is noteworthy to mention that the general manager of the MiG and Sukhoi companies , Ilya Tarasenko, had announced that a promising long-range interceptor plane ( PakDB) would be created on the basis of MiG-31.
- FIFA World Cup: A new stage for ‘Made in China’ enters intelligent manufacturing
- Shortages of antivirals, antibiotics compound stress of a rough season for viral illnesses in kids
- Apple has a huge problem with an iPhone factory in China
- Musk says new color-coded verification system at Twitter will roll out in a week
- UK bans Chinese surveillance cameras from ‘sensitive’ sites
- Elon Musk says he will begin restoring previously banned Twitter accounts next week
- Mbappe secures passage for France in Qatar
- Football boss explains why Russia wants to stick with UEFA