The head of the Iranian Red Crescent Society, Karim Hemti, announced on Thursday, the dispatch of two planes filled with humanitarian aid to Lebanon.
The President of the Red Crescent Society stated that the two Iranian planes are carrying 15 tons of medical materials and medicines, 45 tons of food, and a field hospital that will be established in Beirut in coordination with the Lebanese Red Cross, accompanied by 13 specialist doctors and 16 civil defense personnel.
He said that Lebanon announced that it did not need camps or pitching tents, and therefore it was not sent to it.
“We will be with the Lebanese people, and we will prepare more assistance according to the field conditions and needs in the coming days,” he added.
- Tunisia: Multi-Partner Trust Fund for Youth and Employment launched
- Tunisia: Reported investments down by 3.2%, late October 2023
- Morocco to prolong wheat import campaign in January-April
- Damage around Gaza City ‘unbelievable’: Mayor
- Arab Islamic Ministerial Committee discuss in meeting with UN Chief developments of situation in Gaza
- Russia concerned about ‘Israel’s’ plan to use chemical weapons in Gaza
- Ambassador Ala: Necessity of stopping Israeli crimes against Palestinian people
- International law should be ‘applied justly’, Qatar tells UN Security Council